Sunday, March 1, 2015

Traveled A Long Way

"Some people try to turn back their odometers,
not me,
I want people to know why I look this way.
I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads
weren't paved."


One time a friend told me that waiting a long time to get married would all be forgotten once I actually get married: like the time will be erased; it will seem like a blink of an eye.  But I hope that isn't true.  The time spent has been on purpose - God's purpose.  In this time I have learned things that I didn't know: the road of hope was unpaved; with God over these years I have pioneered some new areas of my life, and maybe even among my friends.

What's more, the long-waiting does somewhat sweeten, and deepen, the potential fulfillment.  I understand differently what it is that I want, and why I want it.

I'm not afraid of scars, wrinkles, smiles, light in my eyes that testify to what God has brought me through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment