Sunday, July 16, 2017

Borrow

My friend sent me this article, because she knows me.  A stranger, who is, strangely, a sister with whom I will spend eternity, draws familiar with her testimony, speaking of how God reminded her that He is with her in the details of her life, in the scary and the frustrating and the difficult.  He spoke a single time to her, and once the story played out a little, it was proof that He had foreknowledge, that He was providing for her.  So that later on, when things went “wrong”, she could hold that evidence before her and remember to trust Him.  It’s what she said at the end that made me want to share on here:

“Borrow this hope.”

God’s specific work in her life boosted her hope.  God’s specific work in her life can raise our hopes as well.  We can borrow it.  And, on the flip side, our testimonies can lend hope to others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment